I was shocked to realize today that we're already half way through January. Things have been monumentally busy, so I appologize for the absence of posts. Here's a quick laundry list of my activities:
1. Teaching. Back to the daily grind after a couple weeks off, and my kids are definitely keeping me on my toes.
2. Trying to volunteer. I have been trying for a while now to push my translation skills on a nonprofit environmental org here in Loja. They say they want my help, but actually making concrete plans just doesn't seem to happen here. Sigh.
3. Administrative BS. I've been helping my field director in Quito interview a new school here in Loja that wants a teacher from my org. It's been a pain, but my motivation for saying I'd help is to butter up my FD for when he leaves in July and I apply for his job. :)
4. Travel plans. I have a whole lotta time off in the next few months. I'm up to my elbows in travels plans. That sounds like I'm complaining. I'm not. From now through March I'm going to the beach, to Guaranda, to Chile, AND to Guatemala. Hell yes.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment