Thursday, April 10, 2008

Guatemala: Highlights

1. The totally awesome alfombra (murals of colored sawdust built on the street) we created, finishing the final touches while a parade of Catholics walked all over it.
2. The gallo. Thank god for beer that tastes a little less like tap water!
3. The fam.
4. The friends.
5. The new friends.
6. Using my hands to create something.
7. The little Guatemalan girl who climbed on top of my head, only to tell me that I had a lot of grey hairs.
8. Jumping into the pool with all my clothes on after a hard day's work.
9. Flushing toilet paper down the toilet for one night in Guatemala City.
10. Getting my ass kicked in soccer, so that the construction manager could tell me he remembers me from two years ago, and I played a lot better then.
11. The totally rico company of friends and family. I know I already menioned that, but it deserves to be mentioned again.

No comments: