Wednesday, May 28, 2008
The mystery slug
It's been raining a lot in Loja recently, and I've come home a couple times to find slugs hanging out on my bathroom floor. This is in part my fault because I like to always leave the window open; it gets really hot and humid in my room if I don't. Anyway, I think there's an undiscovered slug that does laps around my room when I'm not there. I keep finding these mystery slug trails and no slug. I found one on the hood of a sweatshirt that I had carelessly left on the floor of my room one day. And 3 days later, I found a trail snaking all over one flip flop, but not the one next to it. And this keeps happening randomly. I have taken to looking at my floor very carefully before I walk anywhere barefoot, but this is a very crafty slug. I don't know what to do about it.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Wow! I had always thought of slugs (well, snails) as very slow. Maybe you have a gastropod version of "Speedy Gonzales".
I HATE slugs (this dates back to my childhood and my families strawberry patch). A few things I have learned (these are meant for a garden, but might work for hoodies and flip- flops (which one did it trail over? The flip or the flop???));
1. Step on them!
2. SALT...
3. Hair clippings. Sprinkle some on their path and they won't cross it.
4. A shallow pan of beer. They can't resist the hospitality, but usually drink too much and drown...
5. Geese (this cure is worse than the problem in my book).
I am curios... Are they little brown or black slugs or are they the mythical banana or leopard slugs?
aww....maybe the slugs just want a hug!
Post a Comment