Wednesday, November 7, 2007

I'm back

My appologies for the long silence. I was sick as a dog for the last couple weeks. I ate some homemade yogurt that my host mom may or may not have prepared with a moldy papaya. Anyway, I had to rush out of my morning class to go vomit, then returned to finish the lesson. I spent the rest of the day vomiting everything. Then upcgraded from constant vomiting to constant diarrhea for several days. Just as I started feeling better, I got the flu for a week. Besides the occasional moments of self pity, I was in good spirits the entire time. And now I'm healthy enough to go to my salsa lessons, so life is good. I was also healthy enough to travel to Cuence for their independence day celebrations. I partied like a mad fool, and did some Christmas shopping. I bought an amazing painting of a village with a giant volcano and a train travelling through the sky, with giant apples falling from the train. It's a trip. Actually, I bought it as a housewarming gift for Peter and Jacqueline...but it's just so awesome I might have to keep it for myself. Sorry guys! It doesn't mean I don't love you both.

No comments: