Monday, April 14, 2008

Teacher Appreciation: Ecuador 1, USA 0

My students love me! Or more likely, they love any excuse for a party. Either way, it was teacher appreciation day on Sunday, and my students planned parties without my knowing in every class. I was showered with gifts, the best of which was a pet bunny. I instantly fell in love with it, and asked my host mom if I could keep it, but she laid down the law and said I had to find it another home. There were cakes with messages like "Feliz día de teacher, Katherine." My class of high schoolers brought box wine to their party, and I have a great picture of all my 15 year olds drinking illegally in my class. Each class president also gave flowery speaches about how amazing I am. In general, waaaay better than the US equivalent...if there is a US equivalent.

I really wish I could have kept that bunny, though...

4 comments:

Mike H said...

Remember, bunnies make more bunnies... Maybe you could have kept it in the your classroom, to help with multiplying?

Mike H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike H said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Mike H said...

I'll figure this s%&$ out, sooner or F@#*ing later...