Wednesday, April 2, 2008
The wierdness factor
So, I don't really get wierded out about my life, until I get some perspetive and realize that I should be wierded out by things that I have completely normalized. This idea came into sharp relief last week when I was hanging out with a bunch of friends from home, and they always laughed or reacted oddly to things I don't really think about. Examples: I mentioned casually to a few people that the ceiling in my bedroom is falling down and at night I can hear it crumbling onto my wood floor, or that if two people try to shower at the same time in my house, the power cuts out, or that every day I go running in a park that has unleashed cows and llamas just hanging out. The list goes on. Anyway, I'm wierded out today that these things seem completely normal to me. Not by the fact that these things are out of the ordinary. I don't think I explained that very well...damn.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
My life is normally "weird" and I enjoy when others can laugh at it. The bug in the ear while asleep, camping with our co- workers was one I exploited... after my Dr. fished out the remains with a 4" long wooden handled Q- tip.
Maybe it is our friends... I was with three of the friends you where hanging out with down there, here in Seattle last night. Anne brought up the "bug in the ear" topic and they were all kind of shocked, then quite amused when I commented that the only time in my life I had eaten ostrich was while that dead bug was in my ear.
Post a Comment